Are you starting a new chiropractic practice specifically because you’re a recently licensed chiropractor? Maybe you moved an existing practice to a new location and simultaneously you’re under pressure to grow your chiropractic practice? Perhaps you just need to increase the number of patients visits you schedule in a week. Regardless of the reason, getting new patients to choose you can be difficult.
You’re not alone.
Marketing a New Chiropractic Practice
I recently spoke with a chiropractor calling to enroll in the posture specialist certification. He’d practiced for years on the west coast. In fact, he had a thriving and lucrative practice, largely because medical doctors referred to him on a daily basis. His patients were undoubtedly loyal and thankful, and referred family and friends. His online reviews were stellar. He no longer had to market or advertise because he had a great reputation as a healer in the community.
However, after more than a decade in the area he and his wife wanted to move back east. Their goal was to be closer to family and raise their children in the area where they’d grown up. So after selling his practice, moving and settling in, he began the task of setting up a new chiropractic clinic.
Months later this experienced, successful chiropractor had a beautiful new clinic and was seeing as many patients each day as he had in California. He didn’t have to do any marketing or advertising. His celebrity and reputation had followed him to his new chiro wellness clinic thousands of miles away. He was shocked at how easy it was to begin again and…
… and wait… no, that’s not quite the way it went.
Adjusting Your Chiropractic Business Launch
Here’s what really happened: Months later this experienced, successful chiropractor had a beautiful new clinic. But despite his past experience, surprisingly only had a handful of patients to adjust.
He shared his story reflecting on his expectations of how easy he thought it would be. The reality of the situation reminded him of the hustle he had when first starting out. Now a seasoned chiropractor and experienced business owner, his philosophy had matured. He wanted to grow his business by working smart and focusing on a niche that interested him. This approach would attract the type of patients he’d most like to work with.
For this doctor, the solution to increase the number of patient visits and grow his practice was to specialize in posture, so he enrolled with us. Providing a boutique experience for patients, where care is individualized. Where results matter and are measurable. He loved the idea of working with people who took an interest in self-care. In essence, these were the folks who valued the expertise and services he provided. In his experience, these patients are more accountable for their habits, good and bad. They’re also more compliant, and subsequently keep their appointments, do the assigned at home exercise, and brag to others about their results. A natural and organic source of referrals.
5 Tips: Grow your Chiropractic Practice as a Posture Specialist
- Here’s how to Stand Out In The Community – Posture lends instant credibility and highlights the need for your expertise. The concepts taught in the program are understandable. They also resonate with people. Everyone knows what posture is and that they “need to improve it”. But how do they do it?
- Here’s the key to Professional Fitness, Health & Medical Referrals – Posture is measurable. Pre and post posture pictures show undeniable results. The question is what occurred between the time of “pre” and “post” pictures? Did the patient continue a spiral of bad habits? Is their office an ergonomic nightmare? Or did they participate in your StrongPosture® Program? The pre and post posture pictures will tell the true story… and your documentation will be appreciated by your colleagues.
- Here’s how to Boost Compliance and Patient Retention – Posture pictures are powerful motivators. Do selfies get attention? We’re trained to pick ourselves out in any picture… and do better. An excellent boost for compliance.
- Here’s how you’ll Help More People – Improving posture improves overall health and wellbeing. Attitude to breathing, confidence to digestion, flexibility to balance, performance to pain relief. People with strong posture even look younger and more attractive!
- Here’s how to Increase the Number of Patient Visits and Billing – Posture improvement programs like the Strong Posture program taught in CPEP includes a series of posture exercises. These are taught over many patient visits, stretched out over several weeks or months. People are excited to start in order to get results. Programs are designed to be integrated with regular adjustments, or as a 7, 15 or 20+ week program.
Practice Growth Strategy
However you choose to focus your energy to grow your chiropractic practice, remember the keys include:
- Create a niche where you can stand out as providing something special in your community.
- Get dramatic results because helping people is what it’s all about.
- Provide an experience that is positive and memorable to the patient like the 3 E Strategy: Experience, Educate, Empower designed by posture expert Dr. Steven Weiniger.